Are you still cleaning up after another crazy winter storm that brought substantial snow to many areas Of New England? You’ve put up with the shoveling and the driving part – now with school vacation week ahead of us, it’s time for the fun part. We’ve put together a variety of activities to help you get out there and enjoy the snow. And for all the non-snow bunnies in the crowd, we suggest some other kid-friendly activities too. Just be sure to brush up on some safe winter driving tips before you head out.
New England offers over 60 alpine skiing and snowboarding areas and resorts, dozens of cross-country skiing areas – plus a host of other fun winter activities. Discover New England is a good one-source stop for a variety of ideas in the New England states. Here’s a site for checking New England Ski Conditions at various resorts.
Yankee Magazine’s “best of” lists offer some great ideas:
- Best Ways to Have Fun with Snow
- The Best Cross Country Ski Trails | We Pick the Best 5
- Zipline Tour at Bretton Woods
- Snow Tubing at Pat’s Peak in Henniker, NH
- Winter Day Trip: Historic Concord, Massachusetts
Here are some other activities:
- Massachusetts vacation week ideas
- School Vacation: A Few Ideas To Keep ‘Em Busy / Connecticut
- Western Massachusetts programs plan to keep children busy during February Vacation
- You won’t hear “I’m bored” during February school vacation on Cape Cod
- Rhode Island Kidoinfo
- NH: What am I going to do with my child during February vacation?