Ever wonder about how Halloween first started? This interesting video guide gives you a historical look at how the holiday evolved. It’s a fun overview from FastCompany’s Brand Evolution series.
If that is not scary enough, please note that the Property Casualty Insurers Association of America says that Halloween sparks more vandalism claims than any other day of the year: “The average cost per claim on Halloween was $1,660, which is approximately 9 percent higher than the annual daily average cost per claim.” Vandalism isn’t the only seasonal peril – here’s a witches’ brew of liability issues for homeowners.
Here’s a roundup of some other handy links to help ensure that you have a safe and fun weekend:
- Halloween Perils For Pets … and People, Too
- Not to be too spooky, but how much is your body worth?
- Pumpkins & perils: preparing for a fun & safe Halloween
- Don’t let Halloween turn into Nightmare on Your Street
- 7 tips for keeping your pets safe on Halloween
- Halloween Clean-Up Guide
Oh! And don’t forget to get your zombie insurance!