Two common household items that are very dangerous to your kids


Button batteries are toxic and may cause serious injury to your child if swallowed. We find these micro batteries in more and more common products from remote controls to greeting cards. While some used in toys are secured, many are more accessible and parents need to take particular care to keep products with batteries away from small children.

Single portion laundry packets are also alluring to young children – they often are packaged in bright, colors, are squishy to the touch and also smell good. They are attractive and may seem like candy or toys to kids. It’s important to store them properly.

Calling 1-800-222-1222 will connect you to a poison center that serves your area. Poison centers are open to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, in 161 languages, as well as from the hearing impaired. You can also find a Poison Center near you on this clickable map.